It’s a new week. And I’m still here.
- Yesterday morning I missed a crucial left turn driving to work, so I had to drive about 10 minutes out of my way to turn around. I’ve never missed that turn.
- My eyes have been twitching on and off for over a week now. At first I thought it was something with my contacts, but then I stopped wearing my contacts…
- I’ve been going to bed about an hour later and waking up about 30-45 minutes earlier every day for the past couple of weeks.
- Lately, I feel perpetually behind on tasks and over-booked for activities. It’s a daily struggle.
- I forgot my office keys at home today. I’ve never forgotten my office keys.
It’s a new week. And I want to be here.
- Despite feeling exhausted, I’ve been setting time aside each day to draw, read, or work on a project I enjoy.
- I’ve also been making time to just sit and watch something that makes me laugh, like The Larry Sanders Show (which I finally discovered), Tiffany Haddish telling a story, or 30 Rock on Netflix.
- I’ve also been making time daily for 10 minutes of mindful meditation. Overall, this is beneficial, but specifically it helps me check-in with my brain & make sure I’m not telling myself too many negative stories.
- Yoga with Adriene – 7 minute stress relief, remains essential to my weeks.
- I decided to start therapy again to work on the sources of my anxiety & depression. I realized last week that I have told three people this month about how much therapy has helped me, so I’m going to take my own advice, and reach out for another source of help.