As a 35-year-old woman, these are the categories of clothing I am asked to choose from:
- You can wear this to your office job, but it would be weird to wear this in any other scenario.
- Do you want to feel comfortable more than you want to look like you spent three hours getting ready? Oh, you do? Skip these outfits.
- “Individual style” & “personality” are overrated. We know what you need: Beige.
- Everything here comes with a matching jacket or cardigan. Sometimes even sewn in!
- Everything here is made from the finest scratchy, translucent, non-breathable fabrics science could create.
- You aren’t old yet! Let these odd shapes, clingy fabrics, and confusing patterns remind you every day.
- You aren’t young anymore! Let these odd shapes, billowy fabrics, and confusing patterns remind you every day.
- These are the hottest trends. You might feel weird about showing off that one section of your shoulder, but you’ll look so cool!
- Remember, you don’t want to look too sexy. But you also don’t want to look too frumpy. You want your coworkers & friends to compliment your outfits, but you don’t want to seem like you care a lot about your looks. You want to put effort into your style, but no one should be able to tell. But also who cares? You do you! …as long as it can’t offend anyone else or draw too much attention in any situation. Anyway, what were we talking about?
Photo credit: Who to Wear on Pinterest
I’ve been slowly re-watching Buffy on Netflix. I’m on s05 now, or “The season where Buffy, again, proves she can still be even more awesome.” I really like Buffy.
Some alternate show titles I think are pretty accurate:
- Giles Getting Knocked Out A Lot
- Powerful Woman Puts Up With Everyone’s Incompetence
- Teenage Girls Have Been Changing The World For Centuries
- Yes, We Know The First Season Is Ridiculously Bad But Trust Us, It Gets Better
- Don’t Get Too Attached To Angel…
- If Buffy Is Not Your Favorite, What Are You Doing With Your Life?
- Men Not Listening To Buffy For No Good Reason
- Get Ready To Have Complicated Feelings About A Vampire Named Spike
1. We’ve been thinking about trying out a new city for our next move. Since we know what we’re looking for but not sure where we might end up, someone recently recommended using Teleport. It’s a fun tool that let’s me check out cities that fit our metrics and make comparisons based on how much they would be over or under our current cost of living.I don’t think we’ll end up in Berlin, but it’s good to know what’s out there.
2. Last month, I noticed my partner was waking up every day with a different song in his head. I started making a habit of asking him about it. He has very large and varied catalog of music in his brain. Now, he has (finally) started a blog to keep a record of these songs. I like it :).3. I finally started watching Gravity Falls and I love it.