As a 35-year-old woman, these are the categories of clothing I am asked to choose from:
- You can wear this to your office job, but it would be weird to wear this in any other scenario.
- Do you want to feel comfortable more than you want to look like you spent three hours getting ready? Oh, you do? Skip these outfits.
- “Individual style” & “personality” are overrated. We know what you need: Beige.
- Everything here comes with a matching jacket or cardigan. Sometimes even sewn in!
- Everything here is made from the finest scratchy, translucent, non-breathable fabrics science could create.
- You aren’t old yet! Let these odd shapes, clingy fabrics, and confusing patterns remind you every day.
- You aren’t young anymore! Let these odd shapes, billowy fabrics, and confusing patterns remind you every day.
- These are the hottest trends. You might feel weird about showing off that one section of your shoulder, but you’ll look so cool!
- Remember, you don’t want to look too sexy. But you also don’t want to look too frumpy. You want your coworkers & friends to compliment your outfits, but you don’t want to seem like you care a lot about your looks. You want to put effort into your style, but no one should be able to tell. But also who cares? You do you! …as long as it can’t offend anyone else or draw too much attention in any situation. Anyway, what were we talking about?
Photo credit: Who to Wear on Pinterest